Following in the tradition of our parent organization, The Mark-Costello Company, MC Waste Consultants (MCWC) provides the highest level of environmental management services to our clients. Our primary objective is to reduce cost and increase diversion of waste materials. We accomplish this by becoming their waste, recycling and environmental monitoring managers with integrity and professionalism. We eagerly relieve their burden of dealing with waste haulers, recyclers and other service providers who impact environmental sustainability. In the process, their organizations become more environmentally friendly, and our planet becomes greener and cleaner.
The Mark-Costello Company formed its Waste Systems Division in 1971. The main objective of this division, which has experienced phenomenal growth since then, is to provide quality mechanical systems for handling solid and medical waste. Today, The Mark-Costello Company is one of the largest suppliers of compactors, balers, food waste digesters and medical waste sterilizers and related waste handling, and recycling systems, in the United States and other parts of the world.
In these current economic times, the Company recognized the need to expand its services to customers by creating MC Waste Consultants, A division of The Mark-Costello Company. This group of consultants, headed by waste management executive David F. Little, offers more than 30 years of experience in all facets of sustainability systems.
- International Facilities Management Association (IFMA)
- Chamber of Commerce
DAVID F. LITTLE, general manager
With more than 25 years’ experience in the environmental consulting and waste management industries, Mr. Little is an expert in commercial and governmental waste-handling and diversion systems and procedures. In addition, he possesses a high level of integrity in all his business dealings with clients. Such a winning combination makes him the ideal waste management consultant.
Mr. Little joined The Mark-Costello Co. in 2011 and has been responsible for developing the MC Waste Consultants (MC) division for the firm. The mission of MC is to minimize costs, maximize diversion and develop systems that will provide environmental sustainability for its clients.
Prior to joining MC Waste Consultants, Mr. Little was the founder and president of Div-Con Environmental, Inc., environmental and waste-management consultants to the property management, institutional, commercial, manufacturing, hotel and resort industries. Mr. Little also served as the manager of Major Accounts for Consolidated Disposal Services, where his responsibilities included the design and implementation of diversion programs and the marketing of recyclable materials to end-user markets.
Throughout his noted career, Mr. Little has held pivotal positions in the waste-management industry. These include serving as vice- president of Recycling/Diversion Services for Western Waste Industries, director of Recycling, Pacific Region, for Browning Ferris Industries, principal consultant for CH2M Hill, and vice-president/founder of 2020 Recycle Centers.
He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration with a finance/accounting emphasis from National University in San Diego.
HUGH N. GILLILAND, president
Mr. Gilliland holds a BS degree in Business Administration and Accounting from the University of Southern California (USC). He has over 40 years of management experience in the solidwaste, recycling and medicalwaste equipmenthandling industries. As President of The Mark-Costello Co., he has led the company during the last 20 years (over its 56 years of operation) to be one of the leading distributors of wastemanagement equipment in the United States.
With the creation of MC Waste Consultants, a division of The Mark-Costello Co., Mr. Gilliland’s goal is to ensure that the division becomes the premier waste-and recycling-management consulting firm in the industry.
Why Hire MCWC?
- More than 30 years’ experience in environmental consulting and waste-management operations
- Integrity beyond compare
- Free evaluation/consultation
- Professionalism in every phase of your waste management and sustainability programs
- Vendor management expertise
- A vendor-risk program
- Outpaces the competition at every turn!
- No-risk to clients – If we don’t save you money on your waste management program, you spend no money and make no commitment. This is a total “vendor-risk” program!
- Two-year monitoring services. MCWC partners with its clients rather than just “selling a solution” and walking away. That is why we offer a two-year service contract that will manage and monitor your waste-management activities to lessen your burden and benefit your budget.This service contract includes:
- Reviewing and auditing service provider invoices
- Managing waste and recycling issues
- Implementing new diversion programs
- Providing recycling reports
- Continuing service level bin audits
- Assisting with sustainability objectives